Skip to content
Highlights from the history of the Jubilate Chamber Choir…
- Founded in 2001 by Musical Director, Ian Higginson.
- Since then Jubilate has sung in many of the country’s cathedrals and abbeys, including St. Paul’s, London, Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral, Liverpool Anglican Cathedral, St. Giles, Edinburgh, Worcester, Bristol, Christ Church Oxford, Hereford, Bath Abbey, Westminster Abbey and of course Gloucester Cathedral.
- We have enjoyed highly successful tours to Holland, Belgium, Scotland, Liverpool, Chester and in both 2007 and 2011 to Paris, where the choir sang Mass in the Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Paris and performed recitals at the Eglise St Severin, La Madeleine and the American Church
- In March 2012 Jubilate had the pleasure of singing with soloists Dame Emma Kirkby, Hannah Davey, Sebastian Field, Paul Tompkins and Brian Pursey in an extremely successful performance of the Bach B minor mass.
- July 2013 we enjoyed performing at Highgrove House, the home of HRH the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, a memorable experience for all the choir. We also recorded a CD of music by Ian Higginson, his Requiem and Shades of Jazz.
- August 2015 we completed a highly successful tour of Cambridge, performing in The Chapel of St Catherine’s College, St Columba’s and Great St Mary’s Church.